- These animals have their own personalities and take special care. Think about getting a lower maintenance animal if you don’t think you have the time and money to care for a rabbit.
- Rabbits will get lonely and depressed if they don’t have enough human interaction every day. Make sure you can devote enough time to them.
- If you can’t be with your rabbit long enough each day, consider getting another rabbit. Make sure you house them separately until you properly introduce them so they can bond. Rabbits do not like to share space unless they have been specially bonded.
- A few rabbits will tolerate being stroked for long periods of time, while most will enjoy it for short periods. Occasionally, rabbits will even nip you when you stop.
- This will vary from animal to animal. Judge your rabbit’s personality and find the best way to approach and pick him up.
- Many kids aren't gentle and may hurt a rabbit while trying to pet them. Children five years or younger shouldn't have a rabbit.
All in all, there are many things what you should know before growing your own rabbit. Please, think about it really seriously! :)
Sources and Citations
Guys, be sure to check these sites(links) for more information. There are plenty information about rabbits, which is very important before getting your own lovely companions. :)